Modern redux is a joy to work with, efficient, and without all the boilerplate you hate.
Chapter 1: What is Redux Toolkit, and why use it?
- What is Redux Toolkit (RTK)?
- The problems Redux toolkit tries to solve
Chapter 2: Building your first Redux Toolkit application
- Getting started with a plain Redux app
- The Main building blocks of the application
- Simpler store configurations with configureStore
- Define redux actions with createAction
- Creating reducers with createReducer
- New terminology: slices of state
- Creating slices of state with createSlice
Chapter 3: RTK Deep dive. Build a Twitter search application
- Setting up an RTK project
- Setting up the RTK store with configureStore
- Using the Redux devtools
- Setting up HMR (hot module replacement)
- Building out the Initial application UI
- Syncing UI state with the Redux Store
- Initial Application Data Fetch
- Thunks and Redux Toolkit
- Thunk Dispatch and handling the UI loading state
- Async Error Handling Logic in Thunks
- How to log draft state values
- Simplifying Thunks with createAsyncThunk
- Using Promise Lifecycle Actions from createAsyncThunk
- Refactoring Tweetfind to use createAsyncThunk
Chapter 4: Where to go from here
- The best practice on data fetching
- Redux-toolkit with Typescript
- Testing a modern Redux application
Conclusion: Author’s note
Many redux articles, guides and books are out of date. I know because I had written one before!
Modern redux is one of the only books you'll find teaching redux toolkit and modern redux practices in simple, plain, easy-to-approach language.
Level up your Redux today.
You'll get PDF and EPUB ebooks, a slack invite to ask me anything, and all code access.
- You'll get PDF and EPUB ebooks, a slack invite to ask me anything, and all code access.
- Size14.3 MB